Thursday, October 27, 2005

The New Employee

Well, I am officially employed now. Actually, I have been officially employed since 10/17/05. I did get that job I described earlier in MOMMY'S DAY OUT. Tomorrow marks the 13th day that Mom, Josh, and I have been temporary resident's (aka prisoners) here in Indianapolis. I have made it through the first two weeks of training as a Family Case Manager, thanks to my wonderfully supportive mother, and my lonely, loving husband.
Mom came to Indy, with Josh, Sable, and Me, and while I tromped off each day to learn all the expectations of this new whirlwind job, she took care of our energizer bunny. She asked me on Wednesday if we were going to make this an annual event, the 3 of us spending two weeks together each year...I had to laugh. (to include you in on the joke, you have to recall that last year we spent that time getting to know Josh and expanding our family by one more) I told her that perhaps we should shorten the time to one week in the future, as we are both quite homesick for our regular lives by the end of two weeks. Daily phone calls two and three, or more, times a day to Woody have kept us in touch, at least by voice, and he trekked up here last weekend to spend time with us in this humble abode we have called home for the past two weeks. It was very difficult to see him leave on Sunday, for both Josh and I, but the knowledge that it was only for 6 more days has been sustaining. Absence truly does make the heart grow fonder.
I have to say that this will be the first time since coming to IN that I look forward to returning to Newburgh, and our home there. I am apprehensive about this job, but will do my best to do my best for the children of IN, and to uphold the expectations that come with this new terrain. Woody tells me I will be a great advocate for these children, and I think I can too, as long as I can remove myself enough emotionally. For now, I just look forward to packing up, and heading back home to start this new adventure from a more secure point. But I have enjoyed this time with my mother and son, nonetheless, and hope that we can have some time each year to reconnect, for Josh to know the unconditional support and love that come with the territory of my mother, as well as the humor and smiles she shares so often.
On a final note for now, I have to say being back in the workforce and around the diversity of people you encounter in a job, has been quite enlightening as to just how blessed I truly am in my own life. SO, onward and upward...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was a fun two weeks,got to know even better. Think a week together every year is a good idea.
Good luck on this new endeavor, I know you will be a wonderful case worker.
Love
Mom

Anonymous said...

Hope you are enjoying your new job Krista! I may be entering the new workforce myself once we return to KY. It will be a big adjustment for all of us I'm sure.

Love,
Jennifer