Saturday, March 11, 2006

Quiet times


Not a whole lot of news to tell this way. We have had some severe storms this weekend, with a tornado touching down in Evansville on Friday, and we had some hail storms this morning. No damage to our house or vehicles though. We have been settling into our routine of work, home sleep, get up and do it all again. Joshua is doing well, still working on potty training, talking up a storm, and jumping off of everything he can climb up on. Elwood has been on several fishing trips, and had a little luck, but still waiting for the "big one" that will make it up on the wall. (I hope we have a different wall to put it on than the one he is thinking of...He is thinking the living room wall, I prefer the wall in the garage...) I have been adjusting to the completely different world of working for Child Protective Services. What an emotional rollercoaster! But, I am getting comfortable with going to court, coming face to face with the terrible world of methamphetamine, and with dealing with children who need to feel what "safe" and "secure" are. I feel a bit more rough than I did even a month ago, and hope that I can stay somewhat sensitive underneath this proverbial crust I am developing from this job.
I will sign off for now, but thought I would share this picture of Joshua trying to walk in his Daddy's boots. He really adores Woody, and copies everything he does, so you know my work is cut out for me at home, too. HAHAHAHA!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I promise it will get better.. just don't get too tough, it is your sensitivity that makes you who you are. Love the "tiny man" pic. All our love.
Mom

Anonymous said...

I so look forward to each new addition to your blog page. Know you are great at your job and the emotions just show you have a heart and are feeling the pain. Love you, BA