Some pictures just take your breath, for no specific reason, other than the fact that the person in the photo looks so different than you last remember. This photo does that to me. Sometime between breakfast, and going outside to play, Joshua grew up. It happened suddenly, and I was completely unprepared. When I looked through the lens of the camera, pressed the shutter, and then looked back at Josh, it was done, my baby had become a little boy. I mused for a moment over the changes that would come over the coming years, but was jerked back to reality by the crying sounds coming from the carport...Sure enough, Joshua had fallen backwards off the riding toy. So, amongst the soothing shushes, hugs, and reassuring pats that he was okay, I realized that my baby still needs me, at least for a little while longer.
Tuesday, October 03, 2006
October Already...
Some pictures just take your breath, for no specific reason, other than the fact that the person in the photo looks so different than you last remember. This photo does that to me. Sometime between breakfast, and going outside to play, Joshua grew up. It happened suddenly, and I was completely unprepared. When I looked through the lens of the camera, pressed the shutter, and then looked back at Josh, it was done, my baby had become a little boy. I mused for a moment over the changes that would come over the coming years, but was jerked back to reality by the crying sounds coming from the carport...Sure enough, Joshua had fallen backwards off the riding toy. So, amongst the soothing shushes, hugs, and reassuring pats that he was okay, I realized that my baby still needs me, at least for a little while longer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Yes, they grow so fast, learn so much but never for an instance think that he won't need you. It may not always be on your terms, but the want and need will be there. If we as Moms, didn't have that to go on, what would we have.
Love you so much
Mom
That was beautiful. Yes, they will always need you and you will always be there for them even though you don't agree with their decisions always, they are their decisions and they are your children and they need you almost as much as you need them. Also one of the wonderful byproducts of your children are your grandchildren. Love you, BA
Brought tears to my eyes reading this. Its so true.. they grow so fast. Troy and I still can't believe our "Angel Baby" is 3. Thanks for sharing.
Jennifer
Hey Sis,
I love this posting, however I can't directly relate, but I do know what love is and what it feels like to love so much that it hurts. It's good to know we can still feel emotions sometimes huh? Guess that's what living is all about. Love ya - Sherry
Post a Comment