Monday, September 19, 2005

PaPaw Stan and Joshua

We recently had Joshua's picture taken...I know, I know, he turns 2 in November, so why on earth would I have them taken now?? Well, Joshua's Papaw Stan sewed an outfit for him, an entire OUTFIT!! I was so impressed, first that he went to the effort to do this for Joshua, but also because I can barely sew on a button, much less to ever cut out and sew overalls, a shirt, and a HAT! Then on top of it all, Papaw personalized it to Josh, by putting a yellow VW on the overalls. To know Joshua at all, you have to know his keen love of cars, ALL CARS! But his favorite car of all time is that yellow VW. He spots them on the road, and calls out Papaw's Car! At first we thought he was just doing that for yellow VW's, but quickly realized that was not the case. He does not utter a word about other yellow cars, but always calls it out when he sees any Volkswagen. Now, Joshua can spot Daddys' truck, and cars similiar to Nana's car too. But Papaw's Car was the first, and remains the most often identified, even now. Papaw Stan knows Joshua, and he wanted to make something special for him. That means the world to his mommy and daddy, and so we hope Papaw likes the pictures of Joshua that were made just for him. Thank you Papaw Stan for thinking of Joshua and making such a special gift.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a nice tribute to Papaw Stan. He loved making the outfit and so nice that you honored him with the pictures. Just love the pics.
Thank you
Mom